Wednesday 8 August 2012

Review: Nevermore





Title: Nevermore (Nevermore #1)
Author: Kelly Creagh
Genre: YA Paranormal,
Romance, Fantasy

Release: August 31st 2010

Pages:  543 pages

Rating: 5/5
abcda
WARNING: It was a little too long but it was a breathtaking book with lots of detail which will make you be on the edge of your seat.
(Summary from Goodreads)
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it
Review:

Isobel and Varen's.... Dream?

When I went to the library to go book hunting, I was looking at books that caught my attention. When I saw Nevermore on the shelves in the teen section, I snatched it off the shelf and signed it out, the cover captured my attention. When I finished this book I was like speechless and the first thing I thought was "When is the 2nd book coming out?" I really am looking forward for the second book
 and the third book.

It did take Isobel a long time to find out what Varen was hiding and it did take a long time to find out that Isobel loved Varen. I thought that Varen hated Isobel the whole time and then slowly started falling in love, but Varen always had a crush for Isobel and Varen was not good at showing it.
Nevermore was really different from all the other books I read because this was nothing like the other books. Near the ending that really got me out-of-my-seat. But (finally!) near the ending they show what Varen is hiding, what he's doing and then......... I'm not going to spoil the book for everyone, so here's a idea why don't you guys read the book if you like fantasy, romance and (drum roll)........ paranormal. But I wish Isobel kind of found out Varen's secret earlier, not near the ending, actually it was not that near to the ending, over all I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for the next book! I have Enshadowed on hold, the second book in the Nevermore series. I can't wait till I get it!
Plot
Isobel didn't want anything to do with Varen Nethers and he made it clear he didn't want anything to do with her either, but when she finds out about weird writing in his journal, she gets the urge to find out what's going on with Varen and is determined to find out what's in his journal and is this anything to do with the famous poet Allen Edgar Poe or his death.
I really enjoyed the plot, if you guy's read it, you'll urgently be swept into the dream worlds or realms.


Howling in Delight
a b c d  a


- Leaf



No comments:

Post a Comment